Sunday, April 02, 2006

Studies can tell us what we already know: Study Shows

The gratuitous reporting of study results has gone out of control. Here are a few study related headlines in the news today.

Study: Prayer didn't help sick
I'm glad someone finally answered that pressing scientific question. It only cost Harvard $2.4 million to figure it out.

Smoking and drinking increase risk of colon cancer
This study really came as a surprise.

Sugary drinks can eat your child's teeth
Breaking news: regular brushing and flossing also beneficial to dental health

Drinking may not have health benefits
The latest round in dueling studies that suggest moderate alcohol consumption may or may not be good for you.

Cell phone use can increase risk of brain tumors

I'll never use one again.

Antarctica is warming
No shit! Thanks National Geographic

Women aren't big fans of one night stands
This one is my favorite. This groundbreaking "study" suggests that women may actually be seeking committed, loving relationships. I never could have figured this out on my own. I'll have to rework my entire dating strategy.

Where would we be without studies?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home