Tuesday, April 04, 2006

DeLay

Tom "The Hammer" Delay announced yesterday that he will end his reelection bid and step down from congress soon. The following is a brief list of Delay quotes with helpful translations.

DeLay: "I refuse to allow liberal Democrats an opportunity to steal this seat with a negative personal campaign,"
Translation: "I'm giving up and letting some other poor SOB try to win my seat."

DeLay: "It's time for me to go do something else,"
Translation: "I've run out of political options and will become a lobbyist if they let me."

DeLay: "I think I could have won the seat but it would have been nasty and cost a fortune to do it,"
Translation: "There is no way I could have won the race. With recent scrutiny on my fundraising activities, illegal fundraising would be very difficult."

DeLay: "I feel kind of excited, frankly,"
Translation: "I'm kind of glad this embarrassing nightmare is over"

DeLay: "I'm looking forward to being liberated outside the House, doing whatever I can to unify the conservative cause."
Translation: "I'm looking forward to fading away into obscurity"

DeLay: "This is totally a political operation, using our criminal justice system for political purposes and political gain,"
Translation: "Those Liberal bastards are using my own tactics against me better than I could"

DeLay:"This is probably the worst day of his (Democratic opponent Nick Lampson) campaign because he knows that any Republican who replaces me on the ballot will win this seat."
Translation: "Despite my earlier statements, almost any Republican is more electable than my sorry ass"

Goodbye D-bag. Happy trails.

1 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Blogger QuentinCompson said...

Most excellent post, GP. Hilarious...because it's true.

I'm almost sad to see the poor douche bag go, because it was going to be really fun watching him squirm for the next six months.

Oh, well...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home